Nevada GOP Lawmaker, Michele Fiore, Says Cancer Is A Fungus And Can Be Cured With Salt Water

If you’re not yet familiar with the Assemblywoman that the people of District 4 in Nevada elected to serve them since February 2013, allow me to introduce you to Michele Fiore. She describes herself as a “conservative, Catholic, gun-toting, second amendment, strong-ass woman” and brags that “as someone that carries a firearm on me like my panties and bra, I do break the law because I generally carry my gun in places where they say is a gun-free zone, because I’m not going to be a victim of a stupid law.”

She’s been drawing attention to herself recently by saying, among other things, “If these young, hot little girls on campus have a firearm, I wonder how many men will want to assault them. The sexual assaults that are occurring would go down once these sexual predators get a bullet in their head.”

That comment was completely dismantled by John Foubert, a professor at Oklahoma State University and President of One in Four, whose tag line is “One in four college women have survived rape or attempted rape.” Foubert says:

It reflects a misunderstanding of sexual assaults in general. If you have a rape situation, usually it starts with some sort of consensual behavior, and by the time it switches to nonconsensual, it would be nearly impossible to run for a gun. Maybe if it’s someone who raped you before and is coming back, it theoretically could help them feel more secure.

If that wasn’t enough to solidify her credentials as an idiot, she took to the public airwaves on her radio show “Walk The Talk” (and posted it on her Twitter account) stating that she believes that cancer is a fungus that can be cured by flushing the body with salt water:

If you have cancer, which I believe is a fungus, and we can put a pic line into your body and we’re flushing with, say, salt water, sodium ‘cardinate’ through that line and flushing out the fungus. These are some procedures that are not FDA-approved in America that are very inexpensive, cost-effective.

If you can stomach it, listen to the entire ridiculous episode from February 21, 2014. While you’re listening, remember that the people of Nevada elected her to represent them.

If that wasn’t ridiculous enough, a simple google search on her part could have prevented her from embarrassing herself (this time, anyway).  The American Cancer Society shows that this theory was foisted upon the public by an Italian then-physician, Tullio Simoncini, who came up with the theory that cancer was caused by yeast infections, or Candida Albicans.

The American Cancer Society reports:

[Dr. Simoncini] has been using unsubstantiated cancer treatments for 15 years… in 2003, his [Italian] license to practice medicine was withdrawn, and in 2006 he was convicted by an Italian judge for wrongful death and swindling… This has not stopped him from continuing to provide his controversial treatments, not only in Italy, but apparently also in foreign countries, such as the Netherlands.

They go on further to state:

No peer-reviewed articles in medical journals were found to support the theory that cancer is caused by a fungus infection or a yeast infection. Available peer-reviewed medical journals do not support claims that sodium bicarbonate works as a cancer treatment in humans.

All I have to say is:  Nevada, you brought this on yourselves.

If you need any further evidence of the caliber of person this woman is, you can watch her fawn over Cliven Bundy here:

Featured Image via Basham Radio

Our Rating

Terms of Service

29 Comments

• Mary says:

Was she a stripper in the 60’s?

• 2Smart2bGOP says:

I wouldn’t wish for her to get breast “fungus,” but would it be wrong to wish that she would have a breast “fungus” scare?

• Wayne Soares says:

this woman was elected by the folks in Nevada… doesn’t say much for them…and she not smart enough to be a stripper…. (that’s sarcasam, btw…)

• sue griffin says:

I’m from Nevada and all I can say is …. I’m soooooo sorry. We got rid of Sharon Angle and up pops this nut case. America, I’m sorry.

• kenthefitter says:

Apparently, she grew tits instead of brains.

• gossipmonger68 says:

fake blonde with fake tits …. perfect Republican woman

• garrybry says:

Does silicone affect grey matter?

• Schuyler Thorpe says:

What do you know! She is blonde after all! No brains! Who woulda thunk it?

• 2TallTim says:

I think she might have brain fungus.

• jamesmccusker says:

OMG …we just witnessed the birth of the new Sarah Palin …and you do notice that in this picture she is a proponent of family values, Christian (Catholic) living, modesty, and just all around wholesomeness …in regards to her statement that all the cute chicks in college should carry guns #1. I wonder how many cute chicks would want to have a gun bulging out of there pants, #2. I wonder how many cute chicks can shoot straight when they are drunk/drugged #3. I wonder if any cute chicks would be able to muscle around a 250lb. football player while she gets her gun out … she must have received her medical degree from Ace college of plumbing and medicine …I wonder if she has used this “procedure” at her medical center and if so if there were any adverse effects I.E. death …if so I don’t think she would be able to run her clinic or represent her “flock” in congress … and from the looks of her picture there are some dikes at the woman’s prison that would love to help her out with her rape theory

• LarryEWells says:

This woman(?) is as brain dead as the stupid asses who elected her.

• David Longey says:

Republicans are a fungus.

• John Bows says:

You know, even if they don’t qualify as a fungus, they could be cured if you have enough salt water (and a dunking stool large enough to submerge them all)

• Lyle Crump says:

She must be right as she is GOP and now they have the right ideology to be skidding into a swamp.

• BearCreekMan says:

The people of Nevada didn’t elect her, the dimwits in State District 4 elected her. Consider taking a course in basic logic.

• THX 1138 says:

Dr. Armand Hammer even said she was full of crap.
    And that CAN be washed out.

• Nina Bartoletta says:

As a cancer survivor I cannot tell this lousy bitch what I really think of her without using a bunch of filthy names and dirty words. Maybe someday she will find out just what cancer is and how it is treated and it isnt with salt water. This whole incident reveals volumes about the losers in Nevada who voted for this piece of garbage.

• Korg8242 says:

She looks like VP material for the GOP.

• THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM IS A JOKE AND THIS COUNTRY IS RUN BY ZIONIST BLUE AND RED ALL BOUGHT BY ZIONIST LOBBYISTS THE REAL POTUS IS COMING TO SPEAK TO CONGRESS EITHER THE DEMOCRATS ARE IN ON THIS TREASONOUS ACT WITH BOHNER OR ARE JUST TOO COWARDLY TO STAND UP AGAINST AIPAC AND THE ZIONIST CONTROLLED MEDIA

ZIONISM IS NOT DEMOCRACY AND NEITHER IS THE OLIGARCHY THAT RUNS AMERICA

• RAMAN SHANKER says:

I think she had yeast infection that has traveled to her brain.

• mary morgan says:

And, she’s got camel toe. Yuck, disgusting.

• mary morgan says:

I’m from Nevada and this skank is not in my district there fore I am not responsible.

• Garrett Aja says:

“Nevada”? More like a tiny district in the northwest part of the Vegas valley. I personally refuse to be held accountable for someone in a neighboring district (I live in the boundaries of District 1, myself).

• Dawn's Early Light says:

What a friggn’ nitwit.

• Dawn's Early Light says:

He needs to tell her to quit interrupting him.

• Alex Hildebrandt says:

The Stepford Wives of Moron County.

• Champ says: