In what could possibly be the dumbest thing ever said by someone other than Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hanni…Never mind. This incredibly ridiculous statement was made by Fox “News” host Eric Bolling:
Reports say radical Muslim jihadists killed thousands of people in the past few months alone. And yet when you take Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, whatever, their combined killings in the name of religion––well, that would be zero.
Zero. Even if you consider that he may be speaking of post-medieval times, Bolling isn’t even close to correct. Religious zealots come in all denominations, and killing in the name of your God or Gods is a long-standing human tradition.
- Starting with the obvious, Jesus Christ was killed in the name of Judaism. That’s one.
- From the official start of Christianity, hundreds of thousands of Pagans, Jews, and Muslims have been slaughtered in the name of the most peace-loving man in history.
- Early American colonists slaughtered natives by the thousands, gave them blankets infected with small=pox and drove them from their homes to starve for the “providence of God.”
- Several hundred thousand were victims of ethnic cleansing, led by Catholic Priests and Nuns in Rwanda, not in the dark ages but in 1994.
- More recently, as in last week, reports out of Africa say Christian militia members wielding machetes killed scores of Muslims, and that tens of thousands were fleeing for their lives.
- At least eight people have been killed by Christian anti-abortion lunatics in the United States alone.
- The Ku Klux Klan, with their bibles in hand and big red crosses on their robes are responsible for the deaths of hundreds if not thousands of African-Americans and Jews.
That list doesn’t even come close to covering the number of people killed in the name of religions other than Islam. Bolling’s statement, while not quite as ridiculous as Sarah Palin’s Paul Revere rant, is sadly misinformed ignorance of a problem society will likely never see the end of.
If this were a “newscaster” on any other network their job would be offed in the name of credibility, but since Fox has none to begin with you can look forward to Bolling’s idiocy for a long time to come.