Stupid made its weekly appearance again.
Let’s take a look at the top ten stupidest events to occur this week.
Top Ten Plagues on the Nation:
10. City bans Winnie the Pooh: A town in Poland was looking for a new mascot when someone suggested Winnie the Pooh, but poor Pooh bear was taken out of the running because he wasn’t wearing any pants.
Ryszard Cichy of the town council said:
The problem with that bear is it doesn’t have a complete wardrobe.
It is half naked which is wholly inappropriate for children. [Poland’s fictional bear] is dressed from head to toe, unlike Pooh who is only dressed from the waist up.
The lovable honey-lover was also banned from the school playground. Poor Pooh bear!
9. Ted Cruz doesn’t understand what Net Neutrality is: We’ll let Al Franken take this one.
8. Dead deer confuses hunter: A hunter mistakes a deer being pushed on a cart as a live deer and ends up shooting a fellow hunter. Not only is this guy a terrible shot, but he didn’t stop and properly identify the target he was shooting at first. The hunter who was shot was only wounded in the hand.
7. Sen. Lindsey “Vapors” Graham unhappy with Benghazi report: Investigation after investigation bipartisan committees have found no wrong-doing by the Obama Administration during the tragedy in Benghazi, Libya, which resulted in four dead after a US Embassy was attacked by terrorists. For over two years the right wing has cried foul, but alas seven investigations into the matter has revealed that there is no conspiracy. Sen. Graham is still not convinced because he calls the latest findings in the investigation ‘crap.’ He just wants Mr. Ben Ghazi impeached already!
6. Sheriff Arpaio files lawsuit against Obama Administration: Yeah. Sheriff Joe Arpaio is none too happy with Obama’s executive action on illegal immigration so in regular Republican fashion the racist sheriff is suing President Obama, Eric Holder, and Leon Rodriquez. Seeing as though President Obama was a professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago and it isn’t likely he circumvented the US Constitution with his executive order, Sheriff Arpaio’s lawsuit reeks of stupidity. I swear this guy can’t stand to be out of the spotlight for two seconds.
5. House wants scientists out of EPA: This week the House of Representatives passed H.R. 1422, a bill that would limit scientist’s research and involvement with decision-making for the Environmental Protection Agency to make way for more corporate involvement. Republicans like Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) have long tried to dismantle the EPA and it looks like the republicans of the House are no different.
4. Juggalos terrorize North Portland Businesses: Anything involving Juggalos is instantly stupid. Fourteen businesses in the North Portland, Oregon area have reported having signs taped to their windows. It is unclear as to why the business were asked to leave but no Juggalos have come back for their rent, so, it seems likely that it was only some pranksters having fun.
3. Brian Fischer: It should be said that when it comes to stupidity, Brian Fischer is always implied, but this week he wrote an article claiming that the First Amendment only protects Christian religions. While the First Amendment certainly does protect Christianity, the language uses the word “religion” and since Christianity isn’t the only religion, we rate Fischer as totally stupid!
2. The KKK messes with Anonymous and loses: The Ku Klux Klan issued a threat to use force against the Ferguson protesters. The “hacktivist” group, Anonymous, responded to their threats by “de-hooding” members of the KKK who are active in the area by posting their identities online for the world to see. In turn, the KKK threatened bloggers online who posted the information of the de-hooded KKK members.
The KKK then went on to taunt Anonymous on Twitter, saying:
Anonymous is nothing but a bunch of wannabes. They won’t take any action. We will not be brought down by some low-lives behind a screen.
In just a few hours Anonymous had hacked the KKK’s Twitter account. Which earns the KKK a big “Nelson Ha-ha.”
This week’s award for most heinous act of stupidity goes to…
1. Kirk Cameron: Kirk Cameron was our number one last week, but he’s out teaching Christians how to minister to homosexuals and this earns him the number one slot again, because his intolerance is impenetrable and vast. Congratulations, Kirk Cameron, you’re really stupid!
Cameron made an appearance on the Christian program Way of the Master and a site called Everything is Terrible shared a video from Deeper Understanding, splicing together Cameron’s most hateful statements on the subject of homosexuality. Ray Comfort also made an appearance.
The video is purposely spliced together to make Kirk look bad, but hey, no one put THOSE words in his mouth.
See you next week, stupid.
H/T: America | Featured Image: Wikipedia