10 Reasons Why Underdog Bernie Sanders Scares The Crap Out Of Republican Koch Suckers

Democrat underdog Bernie Sanders isn’t seen as a credible threat by most to unseat Hillary Clinton as the top pick to represent blue in 2016. While Sanders has gained some ground in recent polls, the numbers in support of Clinton are still what can only be described as lopsided.

Still, Sanders offers a welcome stance on social and economic issues that has progressive liberals applauding and regressive conservatives shaking in their boots.

10 Reasons why Republicans fear Bernie Sanders.

10) He voted against the Iraq war.

Bernie won’t be spending any time at all explaining why he voted in favor of Iraq or apologizing for falling for the lies. He’s one of the few who will be able to say he was opposed to it then; no hindsight necessary.

9) He’s tough on big business, particularly the banks that caused the crash.

One of the most popular quotes from Bernie Sanders is that if a bank is “too big to fail,” then it’s “too big to exist.” Bernie has proposed legislation to break up the big banks that caused countless Americans to lose their savings and retirement funds.

8) He calls himself an independent.

He has said he wouldn’t run as an independent, but the fact that he’s known by that moniker could sway life-long Republicans looking for a better option than what their party has become but still refusing to vote Democrat.

7) His stance on immigration may be just what the Republican ordered.

While Sanders stands by the President on the executive action he took, he’s opposed to the “guest worker” philosophy, opting instead to see immigrants achieve full residency so they can be taxed appropriately. Guest workers are often criticized by conservatives for taking American jobs and giving nothing in return.

6) He’s a supporter of popular healthcare policies.

Voting to expand health insurance for children and denying insurance companies a bill they tried to purchase from congress capping malpractice settlements makes Sanders popular with the working class as well as the middle class.

5) He’s on the Elizabeth Warren education train.

While the Republican base isn’t concerned with education…or truth…or science…you get the point, the average American certainly is. Far too many people have had their savings drained or spent years, sometimes decades paying off tuition bills and student loans at interest rates that are higher than you get at the Ford dealership. Sanders endorsed Elizabeth Warren’s plan to make school more affordable, a very popular policy issue for Americans.

4) He is possibly the loudest voice for campaign reform.

When you see a story about Citizens United, more than likely you’ll find a quote from Bernie Sanders. Sanders despises the corruption in campaign finance and has raised more money in small, individual donations than all of the Republican field combined.

3) He supports the second amendment.

Wait, what? That’s right, in case you weren’t aware, Bernie Sanders supports your right to keep and bear arms. He also supports common sense gun laws, as long as they aren’t intrusive.

2) People love Bernie Sanders

He’s articulate, charismatic and outspoken. He bows to no corporate sponsors and owes no lobbyist favors. More than loved in his home-state of Vermont, Sanders is a fixture in congress that only death will defeat.

1) Because of Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton will be forced to the left.

And there it is. Rather than focus on Republican failures they’ll be able to try to defend, Hillary Clinton will be forced to take a stand on all of these social and economic issues. Americans for the most part don’t want to hear a bunch of Republicans discuss ISIS or Iran; they aren’t interested in Benghazi anymore.

Americans want to know what a candidate is going to do to continue growing the economy, put more people back to work and fix our crumbling infrastructure.

The only thing more frightening to Republicans than facing off against Bernie Sanders in a general election is facing off against a Hillary Clinton that’s been shaped, at least in part, by his ideologies.

Featured image:Facebook

Terms of Service

27 Comments

• mdhome says:

GO BERNIE, all the way! A man for the workers of America.

• Randje K Randje says:

Hillary may be forced to talk about these issues, but her bosses will not tolerate her actually acting on them. There’s the nut-cut, case you were wondering.

• Timothy Weston says:

I disagree with him on his 2nd Amendment interpretation, but I like how he has something to show in his calls for social reform.

• Rob Henderson says:

Hmmm, I can respect that, but have you lived up in these mountains? A lot of wildlife up here… Wildlife that will kill you, me, anyone regardless of their stance on gun control. 😉

• Catherine Halsey says:

He’s from Vermont. We’re proof that gun laws don’t need to be strict, and hunting is practically the state sport

• David Fishman says:

I would seriously consider voting for Bernie if he somehow managed to surpass Hillary in overall votes in enough primaries & caucuses, but how does his progressivism stack up against Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party? As a committed proponent of strict gun control and moral opponent of hunting, except where it is absolutely necessary for sheer survival, I have a few pertinent reservations about Bernie’s positions. Chris Hedges also enlightened me via C-SPAN-2’s Book-TV when he lectured about his new book, “Wages of Rebellion” as to his opposition to Bernie’s position toward Israel. As an agnostic Jew who rejects the false notion that any criticism of the Israeli government equals anti-Semitism, I have major qualms endorsing any candidate who may perpetuate opposition to Palestinian sovereignty and support Jewish settlements where Palestinians traditionally lived. Benyamin Netanyahu has been a blight on Israeli politics since his initial election to Prime Minister and should have been ousted by his constituents. The Green Party and Dr. Stein in particular support peaceful coexistence between Israelis and Palestinians with a moratorium on settlements to which Netanyahu is so hell-bent. How can sensible scholars such as Chris Hedges persuade otherwise progressive politicians such as Bernie in the right direction parallel to his own proclivity to nudge Hillary in that direction himself?

• Michael Mahoney says:

I know where you’re coming from. I too am a very anti-gun individual, and I also feel Israel’s mistreatment of Palestine is an abomination. I’m also a giant fan of Jill Stein’s politics – I was watching her last presidential election, and I liked what I saw. I know that Sanders’ support of Israel is troubling, but keep in mind, there are very few politicians in the House or Senate who actually criticize Israel. Sanders is the most liberal man we have, and even he is okay with Israel. That said, I don’t think he would necessarily be okay with Israel massacring the Palestinians were Sanders able to win presidency. Personally, I’m a socialist, and Sanders is far too moderate for me (I know, I’m one of those true ‘crazy, leftist loons’), but at the same time, he’s the best (and most realistic) shot us progressives have. Ideally, we’d would have a far more liberal individual running, but in this current system with this current political environment, Sanders is still pretty good. I definitely would be okay with him winning the Democratic nomination (and I’ll do everything in my power to help him out). Is he the best we have? Of course not, but it’d a good first step toward helping those in this country who need it most. I hope this finds you well, friend.

• David Fishman says:

I generally agree with your sentiments and I am also far more radical than Sanders myself, though I give ample credit where it’s due, including to Hillary Clinton & other Democrats where I find common ground. I left the Democrats in Sept. 2000 when I became tired of their hypocrisy and moral cowardice alongside Republican demagoguery, which I know firsthand from my family who are amazingly far off the Tea Party/birtherism deep-end. I sympathize with those who argue against voting such as George Carlin, but those who don’t vote when have this right are part of the problem. We must always make the best of a bad situation. I don’t know if I’d switch from Green to Democrat just to vote for Bernie in the Maryland primary as I did for Dennis Kucinich in 2004, but if he somehow manages to achieve the nomination, I’d have a tough choice to make between him & Dr. Stein, who I voted for in 2012 after voting for Barack in 2008 (not because he’s black but because I appreciated what I perceived as intellectual honesty and moral courage). I could never see myself as a “communist,” as my uncle Sol (who worships Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh & Sarah Palin) has labeled me, but the Democratic Party must follow the Green Party’s noble example before they earn my votes consistently in the future.

• Bongstar420 says:

Again, whats “radical?”

I don’t think abolishing the banking system and directly issuing currency to all people equally is “radical.” I actually think its highly rational. Neither do I find it “radical” that the Government would spend that currency directly for public projects like bridges, roads, and hospitals rather than “barrowing” it back from a private enterprise.

Because the fact remains…The US Treasury issues USD, gives it to the Federal Reserve (a private operated bank), and barrows that USD from the Federal Reserve at mark up (well thats a simplified version of the way “money” works now in our system).

• David Fishman says:

I never use the word “radical” pejoratively, unlike my many critics in my family along with the mainstream and right-wing media. The word “radical” has its etymological origin in the word “root”. A person or idea that can be defined as “radical” goes to the root of a problem, akin to a naturopathic or homeopathic doctor addressing causes instead of symptoms, as allopathic doctors always do in their standard practice taught in medical school. One of the fundamental problems with our capitalist system is greed, along with patriarchy. When we recognize the original causes of deeply entrenched problems, we can begin to solve them. Hence, radicalism is essential to resolving any crisis, lest history endlessly repeats itself, further underscoring Albert Einstein’s definition of insanity, repetition of the same behavior while expecting a different result. As for the Federal Reserve Board, it is not a privately owned bank, but an independent financial agency within the federal government. Whether its continued existence is justified is another discussion altogether, but it cannot be in the same category as any private bank that exists for profit with customers conducting personal transactions.

• Bongstar420 says:

What, like general welfare should be a citizen right because we are obscenely rich?

I don’t see that as radical..billionaires can still fly around in space ships when while a schizophrenic is guaranteed room and board till death just for being a citizen.

Radical would be forcing geniuses to live in straw huts because technology is “bad for the environment”

• CognizantImpiety says:

The only politician in 40 years that agrees with me 100%. It’s like reading my wish list for the way things shoud be in government.

• MisterE says:

He didn’t raise more than republicans combined, he raised more than republicans individually

• Bongstar420 says:

I don’t think his campaign even considers the money to be an important aspect of his campaign. Its more of a way for the outsiders to see the power in a way that they can relate to. He would likely vote to end $ lobby/PAC or “campaign donations.”

• hyperzombie says:

“He would likely vote to end $ lobby/PAC or “campaign donations.””

All politicians are the same, once voted in he will do nothing of the sort, and try to stack the deck in his favor.

• MisterE says:

Any amount Hillary is forced to the left will be temporary. As soon as campaign season is over, she’ll just go back to where she was.

• Bongstar420 says:

People know that Hillary isn’t the “Devil You Know” since she has a long history of crafting her response based on what she thinks people want to hear vs what her actual opinion is.

• pontfadog says:

The 2 nd amendment starts off in the” absence of a militia”, gun ownership is a must, the United States at that time did not have a standing army, it does now.!!!

• Bongstar420 says:

As long as rich people can’t hire mercenaries or get gunnned protection while non-rich people can’t- then ban guns all you want.

We can have gang fights with pepper spray, tear gas, and stun guns