REPORT: Fox News Wants Bill O’Reilly To Get The F*ck Off The Air


Fox host Bill O’Reilly’s career is in big trouble with the network. The thing is, Fox ‘News’ gave O’Reilly a new contract amid at least five lawsuits claiming sexual harassment which were settled for $13 million. To be clear, alleged president Donald Trump is part of the problem after he said O’Reilly shouldn’t have settled and said, in part, “I don’t think Bill did anything wrong.” That’s not very strange coming from the former reality show star who admitted to being a sexual predator on video. As for Fox ‘News,’ the network has been inundated with sexual harassment scandals, starting with Roger Ailes. This is the status quo at Fox, the network who offered more money to O’Reilly to renew his contract even though he’s buried in sexual harassment accusations.

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel

According to a source, representatives for Fox and O’Reilly have begun talking about his departure from the network, however, this prompted a denial from sources in O’Reilly’s camp.

But, one person close to the Fox host said he will probably not be back on “The O’Reilly Factor.”

CNN reports:

The original well-placed source said an announcement about O’Reilly’s fate was likely by the end of the week.

On Thursday, Fox News’s parent company, 21st Century Fox, is scheduled to hold a board meeting with a focus on O’Reilly. At this point, Fox has already talked about successors to replace O’Reilly.

New York magazine’s Gabriel Sherman, the author of a biography about ex-Fox News boss Roger Ailes, reported Tuesday that “the Murdochs are leaning toward announcing that O’Reilly will not return to the air.”

Even though Sherman cited “three sources with knowledge of the discussions” he added that “no final decision has been made.”

It’s gotten so bad with the exodus of advertisers, that a split between Rupert Murdoch and his sons James and Lachlan is taking place, with James advocating for O’Reilly’s exit.

But what’s left to ponder is why the network dismissed the numerous accusations of sexual harassment at the company’s own workplace after paying out millions to women who stepped forward to tell of what allegedly took place.

Last week 21st Century Fox confirmed that an outside law firm was investigating allegations against O’Reilly.

The same firm — Paul, Weiss — played an instrumental role in the eventual resignation of Ailes last summer.
O’Reilly’s allies feel that he has been unfairly demonized by his accusers and a biased news media.

Did you catch that? O’Reilly’s allies are upset over a biased news media and yet, he works for Fox News.

His opponents, including some influential voices inside 21st Century Fox, feel that O’Reilly has behaved badly over the years, that his behavior has been exposed, and that it’s inappropriate for Fox News to continue his show.

In the wake of the scandal, advertisers are fleeing from being featured on O’Reilly’s show.

Meanwhile, O’Reilly is taking a vacay in Italy, sort of reminiscent of how his friend Donald Trump takes weekly outings to his extravagant resort in Florida while the shit hits the fan after another misdeed.

If O’Reilly is taken off the air, it would mark the third major player to leave the network in just nine months time.

You are who you walk with and apparently, Trump is OK aligning himself with Bill O’Reilly. Peas in a pod, etc. And so is Fox News, that is, until the network’s misdeeds are made public.


Featured image via Ilya S. Savenok/Getty Images

Terms of Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *