39 women have now come forward accusing once-beloved actor Bill Cosby of rape or other types of sexual misconduct. Still, Cosby, like all Americans, is innocent till proven guilty.
He’s been silent on the issue until Friday, when he finally addressed the charges on ABC’s Good Morning America – well, sort of.
The accusations against Cosby are horrible. If we are to believe the 39 women, his M.O. was (is?) to lure women to his room and then to drug them into submission. He is described as a “predator.”
Most of what Cosby said in the ABC interview made very little sense, but he did manage to get a dig into the victims, implying that he is the trustworthy one, not them.
“I think that many of them may say, ‘Well, you are a hypocrite. You say one thing, you say another,’” he told Davis. “My point is, ‘OK, listen to me carefully. I’m telling you where the road is out. I’m telling you where, as you drive, you are going to go into the water. Now, you want to go here or you want to be concerned about who is giving you the message?’”
Cosby’s response seems to be of diversion rather than facing his accusations. He’s still focused on his pet project, which is education for impoverished kids. He also seems to be taking a page out of a politician’s playbook, which is to talk around an issue rather than confront it.
Because of the timing of the alleged abuse, it’s highly unlikely Cosby will ever see the inside of a jail cell. Most states have statutes of limitations on rape and on most accusations, he is outside of that. However, one accuser, Chloe Goins, claims that her incident happened in 2008.
As for the rest of the alleged victims (so far), the only possible justice would be through civil suits.
Source: ABC News
Here’s the video:
Featured image via screen capture from ABC.